We mainly compare the differences between the two paints in three major aspects, namely, the advantages and disadvantages of water-based and oil-based paints from best base coat spray gun in terms of environmental protection and health, quality and performance, construction and cost.
Compared with environmental protection and health, water-based polyester coatings (water-based coatings) have absolute advantages
Toxicity: As water-based polyester coating (water-based coating) is an advanced polyurethane system with ultra-low sound content (below the mandatory national standard of 200mg/l), it is a real non-toxic and odorless high-tech environmental protection product. While nitro coatings and polyester coatings add organic solvents, their products contain benzene, toluene, xylene and their derivatives, so polyester coatings have the highest toxicity, followed by the toxicity of nitro coatings.
Flammability: Water-based wood paints use water instead of organic solvents, and their products are safe and non-flammable. It greatly reduces the risk elements and fuss in the production and distribution process. While nitrocellulose paint and polyester paint (oil-based paint) containing benzene, xylene, acetone, solvents Gasoline, Tanner water are highly flammable items.
The impact of odor: water-based wood paint using water instead of organic solvents, its products in the time of painting, there will not be any impact on the smell. While nitrocellulose and polyester paint containing organic solvents, will be in the process of painting and drying volatilized into the air, directly affecting the human sensory organs.
Paint after the moment of occupancy: water-based wood paint has a small number of times to paint, fast drying, easy to paint, no paint after the moment of restraint, painted that you can move in. Nitrocellulose paint and polyester paint due to its organic solvents will be volatile in the drying process of harmful gases, so the use of nitrocellulose paint and polyester paint (oil-based paint) decoration of the house, generally can not be painted directly after moving in, the need to wait for a period of isolation.
1. hardness: water-based polyester coatings due to the use of advanced water-based polyurethane system, in the case of completely dry paint film, can reach 2h physical indicators; ordinary polyurethane coatings due to the use of organic curing agent, so the use of ordinary polyester coatings the highest hardness; and nitro coatings (oil-based coatings) need more than ten times the paint, film hardness is the worst!
2. feel, fullness: polyester paint in the film sense, fullness effect is the best, water-based polyester paint using thin paint + "virtual texture" technology, brush feel and fullness has been greatly improved; and nitro coatings film sense, fullness is not good. 3.
3. wear resistance, yellowing resistance, durability: water-based polyester coatings (water-based coatings) using advanced aliphatic polyurethane system, the surface of the film is hard, wear-resistant, flexible film, will not turn white due to collision; no yellowing, the film remains transparent transparent for many years; artificial aging resistance 800 hours, with a long outdoor durability. However, nitro coatings and polyester coatings (oil-based coatings) have the disadvantages of being easy to collide, easy to turn white, easy to turn yellow, and unable to keep the effect for a long time.
1. Easy construction: water-based polyester paint with water dilution, without adding TENA water, easy to apply directly construction; while nitro and polyester paint need to add TENA water or related curing agent, and must be in accordance with the fixed ratio, so, nitro and polyester paint in the construction process, the need for professional staff guidance.
2. Paint spreading, painting number of times: water-based polyester paint after the application, for the savings of paint, can be stored in a cool place to continue to stay; while nitro and polyester paint due to the addition of curing agent, so only at the end of a one-time application, for the savings of paint will lead to spreading. In the number of times to paint, water-based polyester paint four times that can achieve the results of nitrocellulose paint ten times.
3. Repair: the application of water-based polyester paint painted wood furniture, can be repaired when the direct cage painted on; and the application of nitrocellulose paint, polyurethane paint wood furniture, in the time of repair, it is necessary to apply sandpaper to sand off the old paint film, can be painted on.
4. Coating labor costs: the application of water-based polyester paint per square meter requires less paint, generally once in 30M2/Kg, while not increasing the Tanner water dilution, less man-hours. So the cost of applying water-based wood paint is basically the same as applying nitrocellulose paint and polyester paint.